Railroad Crossing Closures June 22nd to June 28th 2023
Norfolk Southern has provided the township with an updated projection to their dual rail installation project. The railroad will be replacing railroad ties and rails and paving/repairing all crossings.
- Savage Rd: 06/22/2023 to 06/28/2023
- Martinsville Rd: 06/22/2023 to 06/24/2023
- Sumpter Rd: 06/26/2023 to 06/28/2023
- Elwell Rd: 06/26/2023 to 06/28/2023
- Martz Rd: 06/26/2023 to 06/28/2023
- Hannan Rd: 06/20/2023 to 06/23/2023
- Haggerty Rd: 06/21/2023 to 06/24/2023
- E. Huron River Dr: 06/21/2023 to 06/24/2023
- Norfolk's goal was to repair the Sumpter Rd crossing on 6/26. However, they may attempt repairs on 6/22, time allotting.
This project will not affect emergency responses. We will adjust and deploy our resources accordingly.
The federal government regulates railroads. Local units of government (including Van Buren Township) do not have authority over issues concerning trains/crossings.
To contact Norfolk Southern with questions or concerns, they can be reached at 800-453-2530.
The Public Safety Department will continue to communicate with Norfolk Southern in an effort to provide our residents with as much information as possible regarding possible closings. Any information/changes we receive will be disseminated to the public as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience with this project.