If you need a copy of a police report that has occurred in the previous two years, the cost is $5 which includes the first 5 pages. There is an additional fee of $1 per page after the first 5.
Police reports for incidents that occurred over two years ago are $10 for the first 5 pages with an additional fee of $1 per page after the first 5.
Be aware that some reports may be redacted in order to protect other parties privacy.
TRAFFIC CRASH REPORTS
Copies of traffic crash reports can be obtained on the CLEMIS website: www.clemis.org. You will need to know your report number in order to obtain a copy of the report. These reports can also be obtained by submitting a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request form. If you do not know your report number, please contact the Records Office at (734) 699- 8939.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (F.O.I.A.)
F.O.I.A. requests can be obtained from the Records Department.
- When requesting a F.O.I.A. please be as specific as possible. Include the case report number (if known), names, addresses, locations and exact dates (if known)
- F.O.I.A. requests can take up to five days to process, and additional time may be needed depending on the volume of the requests. If extra time is needed you will be notified of such.
- Requests can be submitted via Fax (734) 699-6469
- Requests can be made by email by contacting Tina Harman at email@example.com. When sending email requests, please write FOIA Request in the subject line.
- Requests can be made in person Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
If you have any questions, please contact the records department at: (734) 699 – 8939.