COVID-19 Hours & Alerts
All township administrative offices have resume normal business hours of 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you are fully vaccinated, you will not have to wear a mask or social distance when in the township hall. Anyone not vaccinated will be required to wear a mask and social distance, until further notice. To find a vaccination site visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/How-Do-I-Get-a-COVID-19-Vaccine.html
All public meetings will continue to be virtual, until further notice.
Here is a list of all Township Office phone numbers, emails, and business that can be done remotely:
ASSESSING: Encouraging everything to be dropped off in the dropbox.
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8946
CLERK’S OFFICE: Encouraging everything to be dropped off in the dropbox.
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8909
PARKS & RECREATION: All programming cancelled until further notice. Pick up landfill pass or yard waste sticker at the Community Services counter in Township Hall; Monday-Friday from 7:30 AM to 4 PM. For landfill or waste, questions call 734.699.8926
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8921
PUBLIC SAFETY (POLICE & FIRE): Will continue to be open 24 hours a day and respond when called upon. The Fire Department stations will be operational, but not open to the public.
No appointment necessary: 734-699-8930
PUBLIC SERVICES (BUILDING & PLANNING): Residents and contractors are strongly encouraged to mail in permits and payment instead of dropping them off at Township Hall. Blank permits are available to download off Van Buren Township’s website under “Planning & Economic Development.”
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8913
SENIOR CENTER: Open for essential services only like Meals on Wheels and TEFAP. Limited reopening for programs and workshops. For more information click here.
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8918
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8910
TREASURER’S OFFICE: Encouraging residents to pay their taxes and water bills by dropping payments off in the dropbox, mailing in a check, signing up for automatic debit, calling the toll free number or paying online. There are two DropBoxes; one in front of Township Hall or one inside the Police Lobby. If you’re paying in cash, please use the Police Lobby dropbox.
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8902
Here is a list of all the ways to pay:
- Tax and utility payments via debit/credit and Echeck at https://bsaonline.com **
- Sign up for automatic debit for your utility bill payments – https://vanburen-mi.org/Forms/Automatic_Water_Bill_Payment.pdf **
- Dropbox in front of Township Hall – checked daily (checks only please)
- Dropbox located in Public Safety Lobby – checked daily (cash drops go into a secure vault)
- Mail in personal checks and/or money orders to: 46425 Tyler Rd.
- Call 866-296-7819 – Open 24/7/365
**Please note, when paying online you will be charged a processing fee.
WATER & SEWER: For emergencies, such as water main breaks, please contact Van Buren Township Dispatch at 734-699-8930.
Call to make an appointment: 734-699-8925
View the Township's COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan by clicking here.
Information is subject to change and temporary.
To view the State of Michigan implementation vaccination scheduled click here.
To schedule a vaccine appointment contact:
- Beaumont Health- https://www.beaumont.org/coronavirus/vaccine-program
- Detroit Medical Center- https://www.dmc.org/portal
- Henry Ford Health System- https://www.henryford.com/coronavirus/vaccine-faqs
- Meijer- https://clinic.meijer.com/
- John's - Ascension Health- https://healthcare.ascension.org/covid-19/covid-vaccine
- Joseph Mercy- Livonia - Trinity Health- https://www.stjoeshealth.org/health-and-wellness/covid-19/
- Garden City Hospital- https://www.gch.org/.../covid-19.../covid-19-vaccine/